Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One of the only political statements I'll make on this blog

Al Franken tried to get a law passed saying that companies can't make people sign a contract allowing coworkers to rape them.  That's because there was a woman who worked for Halliburton that was raped by her coworkers ad thrown into a box and shipped back to the US from Iraq.  When she went to her bosses at Halliburton, they claimed her contract allowed her coworkers to do it.  

Inexplicably, Franken's bill passed 68-30. That's right! There were 30 pro-rape senators who voted against it.   (All of this is completely true, by the way.)

Maybe that's why I don't fit in with the Washington culture.  I thought raping someone was bad and you didn't need a law like that let alone have 30 people who voted against it represent us.  Maybe I need to start being pro-rape, then either I'll meet someone (her choice or not) or be elected to the senate.  Etiher way, at least it would get me out of the house.

No comments: