Monday, April 13, 2009

A letter to my potential girlfriend

Dear potential girlfriend,

You probably have no idea this letter is to you because I haven't asked you out. I'm think about letting you know that I'm interested which would raise your status to prospective. If you say yes and we go out on a few dates, I would have to define your status as my almost girlfreind. After a few weeks of dating, I guess the relationship will have achieved girlfriend status, but it's hard to say.

Well, maybe I'll think more seriously about really asking you out. I'm sure at the moment, you don't have any idea. Well, maybe you have some idea, but probably not, because in general I'm not good at the whole asking out thing. More often than not, it usually goes something like this:

CHRONIC NICE GUY: Potential girlfriend, I think you are really pretty and ...
POTENTIAL GIRLFRIEND: Aw, that's why you're such a great friend.
CHRONIC NICE GUY: If you'll excuse me, I'll be consuming large amounts of Mallomars and listening to my Air Supply CD.

Well, more than likely, that will sum up our exchange, but for the record you are pretty and I would like to go out with you. If you are planning on saying yes, please let me know. I'm not sure what we would do on our first date, but I'm making plans in an upcoming blog for a second one.

Yours,

The Chronic Nice Guy

1 comment:

John said...

Hilarious. Thanks for that :)