Thursday, February 12, 2009

10 Things I like about Tegan

Tegan's birthday was February 10th and I included her in my blog, but she was not satisfied with that way in which I included her,, because it was not personal enough. I just put her name in a fill in the blank type thing. She is not actually afraid of Leprechauns, nor has she ever seen the movie Leprechaun. (I don't recommend it.)

So, to make it up to her, here are 10 Things I like about Tegan.

1. Tegan's name is Tegan Mahford. Most people think this is a typo and her name is Megan Tahford. (It's not.) Although she's dealt with this countless times, she doesn't really get upset about it.


2. When people talk about food, invariably someone brings up the fact that if Tegan was a vegetarian, she could be known as Tegan the Vegan. Despite hearing it way too much (more than once is too much), I have never her let it bother her.

3. I have never really seen anything get Tegan really upset. She is always very calm and able to deal with people who probably annoy her, like me.

4. Tegan's "Mattresses" is the best jingle ever written about bedroom furniture.

5. Tegan's voice is very melodic when she talks. Most people don't pay attention to this, but I do. She hangs onto words and says them with varying pitch. It's almost half singing. (Now she is going to get all self conscious about it, and the next time I talk to her, her voice will be all monotone, like one of those cheesy 1960's robots.)

6. Tegan likes movies, making movies, talking about movies, talking about making movies, and making movies about people talking.

7. Only Tegan could get Matt to beatbox and sing about her left butt cheek. Also, this song is the best one ever written about riding on the metro and left butt cheeks.

8. Tegan had a car named Lola.

9. Tegan plays saxophone, guitar, and piano, and tolerates everyone who likes talking about audio.

10. I don't know what else I should write here, I should probably write either a. something sappy or b. something incredibly funny. Now I'm thinking that I'll just keep writing and round out the list with this non-item and people will get bored with reading this until they realize that I haven't said anything about Tegan yet, but now I've gone on for a whole paragraph and nothing. Now you're probably thinking to yourself, "Why am I wasting my time with this last one? He's never going to say anything about Tegan anyway. He's just stalling and trying to get me to quit reading so he won't have to say anything." Well, you're probably right, but I like that Tegan doesn't let me get away with stuff like not really writing something about her in the 25 Additional Things you don't know about me.

1 comment:

tegan mahford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.