Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A letter to Amanda Bynes














Dear Amanda,

I heard that you quit acting via twitter yesterday. Frankly, I must say that I am really disappointed. I thought that there would be Oscar buzz around you after your film "Sydney White" where you play a cute girl that all of the guys at school like. With roles like those, I was sure in 20 years people were going to be mentioning you in the same breath as Meryl Streep.

So, what are you going to do now? Are you into macramé? I've heard a lot of actresses like to knit and, well, now that you have time on your hands, why not take it to the next level? You could probably even macramé yourself a dress. (Isn't it ironic, that the word macramé is both the noun and verb form of the word? That doesn't usually happen. Instead, people turn verbs into nouns, when they say things like "Beer me" when they want a beer. Somehow that doesn't quite work.)

There are so many things I wanted to ask you that now I guess I'll never get to know. Do you have a favorite scouring pad? If so, what is it? I like the name Brillo Pads, but in the end, I find using them unsatisfying. I guess that's what happens when you go for the superficial parts of something like the name or the packaging. How about vegetables? Do you like lima beans? Well, I guess I'll never know.

Sincerely,

The Chronic Nice Guy


No comments: